You don’t get a 5 star ANCAP* safety rating for nothing. The new Subaru XV delivers safety in spades with the latest and greatest tech features.
* The Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) gives consumers consistent information on the level of occupant protection provided by vehicles in serious front and side crashes.
Driver Assistance At The Ready
Sudden stopping. Surprise roadworks and hairpin turns. New Subaru XV is ready for extreme urban and off-road conditions with its electronic driver assist system, Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC).
Featuring a range of stability and braking technologies, the VDC system steps in to help maintain your safety in extreme situations. Constantly analysing through an array of sensors, VDC includes:
- Electronic Stability Control: Helps you gain control if you unexpectedly understeer or oversteer, by applying brakes, reducing engine power and distributing torque.
- Traction Control System: Helps you minimise your wheel slip by reducing engine power.
- Limited Slip Device: Helps you maintain control by transferring power from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip.
- Anti-lock Braking System: Helps you stay in control by minimising stopping distance and maintaining vehicle control under brakes.
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution: Helps keep you safe by controlling the braking pressure to the front and rear wheels all the time.
- Brake Assist: Helps you in emergency situations by maximising stopping power.
Thanks to a state-of-the-art rear -view reverse camera, you’ll have eyes in the back of your head guiding you safely into every parking spot.
Manoeuvring back into a tight spot at a shopping centre? Driveway littered with hard-to-see things? Subaru XV makes reversing safer than ever before with improved technology available across the range. It’s like having eyes in the back of your head. The rear view reverse camera helps to greatly improve your visibility and reduce the risk of any bumps and scrapes, so you can get on with your day.
You’ll never drive blind with Subaru’s Vision Assist*. It can let you know when something is in your blind spot, and even helps when changing lanes.
If a vehicle is in your blind spot, a light symbol on your side mirror lights up Ã¢€“ on either side of the car Ã¢€“ to let you know. Or, if you’re changing lanes and a fast approaching vehicle is behind you, a light symbol will warn you of its presence. If you’re reversing and a vehicle drives past behind you, or if the system detects that vehicles are approaching from the side, Subaru's Vision Assist Rear Cross Traffic Alert will alert you that there is risk of a collision. Perfect for Saturday morning shopping.